Grow your law practice through your existing clients!
The best ways to increase your law practice client base is to build on what you already have. Build your client base by maintaining excellent client relationships with the clients you already work with.
Strengthen Client Relationships
Strengthen, bolster, and maintain your existing client relationships by:
- Knowing personal details about your clients over and above what you need to know to give them legal advice.
- Follow up on those personal details. Send cards or write notes or emails celebrating the wins; send cards to sympathize with any loses. Finish conversations with clients by remembering and referring to the personal details of their life.
- Keep in touch to find out what challenges they are facing in their business or career.
- Send information to your clients that is directly related to something that will help them in their business or their life.
- Visit your clients’ place of business.
- Invite your client to share a quick cup of coffee just to connect.
- Let your clients know why you like working with them. For each of your clients come up with what you like about them. What do you value about them? Then let them know.
Loyal Clients Make Referrals
Maintain loyal clients that will always think of you whenever anyone they know needs a lawyer by doing two things – providing outstanding legal services and maintaining strong, positive relationships with your clients. Keep in mind the values of excellence, connection, trust, commitment, reliability, loyalty, warmth, support, and respect in all your dealings with your clients. Treat your clients the way you would want to be treated and your interactions will engender loyal clients.