What motivates you to put in the thought, work, and effort that it takes to have a great law practice?
- Fear? Are you afraid that if you don’t do the work you won’t have any kind of practice let alone a great law practice.
- The desire for success? You want what success means to you.
- Freedom? Having a practice where you are your own boss gives you freedom and independence. Freedom and independence are strong motivators for many solo practitioners.
- Challenge? You love the challenge of figuring out how to make this work.
- Knowledge? You enjoying learning new things including how to run a successful law practice.
- Excitement? You enjoy the adrenaline rush you get from achieving something new and challenging.
- Accountability? Being accountable to your partners to achieve firm goals.
- Compassion? You want to help people or make a difference and the only way you can do that is if you have a practice that sustains you and your clients.
- Security? If you can do what it takes to have a great law practice than you won’t worry about your future or paying your bills.
Understanding and knowing what motivates you helps you stay motivated. When you are feeling discouraged, remind yourself what motivates you and what is important to help you change your perspective.
“I think self-awareness is probably the most important thing towards being a champion.” Billie Jean King
If you would like business coaching on having a great law practice, please consider contacting me to see how I can assist you. Check out my website http://www.coachingforchange.com/legalcoach.html for more information.