I did a presentation for the King County Bar Association Solo and Small Firm section last Wednesday, March 11 on How to Close the Sale. It was a lot of fun! I really enjoyed the group as they asked good questions and really got into the subject.
I provided a handout with closing questions to help them come up with scripts to move potential clients to the next stage so I thought I would post the questions on my law practice management blog. Here you go:
• What do you think?
• How does this sound to you?
• Does this make sense?
• How do this fit with your budget expectations?
• Is this something you want to do?
• Would you like me to get started on that right away?
• Would you like to take the engagement letter home and review it before you sign it?
• Would you like me to get started on Monday? – When you know the client has decided to go ahead you have them say yes to a more minor point.
• Please bring your check book to the consultation.
• How soon would you like me to start on this?
• Now that we’ve agreed to the terms of our engagement will you sign the engagement letter?
• In order for me to help you with your upcoming hearing will you sign the engagement letter today so I can get started right away?
• What if you only have me do x hours on your behalf now and then we can see what else you would like me to do for you?
• Which of these solutions would you like to proceed with? (Give them a limited choice.)
• When would you like me to get the first set of documents to you?
• Do you think my firm can meet your needs?
• Do you think my firm can help you with this?
• Is there any reason we shouldn’t get started today?
• What haven’t I covered that you would like to know?
• Are you ready to get started?
• Is my proposal what you were looking for?
• Would you like to schedule an appointment?
If you want help in your law practice closing more interactions with potential clients give me, Irene Leonard, Lawyer Business coach a call at 206.723.9900. Cheers