What should you delegate in your law practice?
The short answer is everything you can. Delegating well makes you more profitable.
Here are a few thoughts that might help you decide what to delegate in your law practice:
- If someone else can do something, delegate it so you can spend your time billing your full rate, doing something only you can do.
- You especially need to delegate when it is in the best interests of your client. If someone can do something at a lower rate than you – delegate it.
- If you are procrastinating on something or think you will – delegate it.
- If you don’t know how to do something, delegate it.
- Delegate all administrative tasks to an administrative support person. When you have an assistant or associate, you should keep them busy first. Then you can spend time generating further business.
If you would like coaching on becoming a better delegator in your law practice, please contact me to see how I can assist you.